The dissertation is specific writing by a student on a topic of his choice as guided by a tutor. It’s the part of the final degree of students and to get reasonable marks in finals, you have to prepare a well-structured dissertation.
To write the best dissertation, you have to follow a basic structure first to impress the reader. The dissertation can be used as evaluating writing for your research skills in the academic field and you appear as more capable of performing research on a specific topic by writing a dissertation.
There is an appropriate structure for writing a dissertation.
Research the Topic
For your dissertation writing, you have to do a lot of research on the topic to assemble quantitative and qualitative data for your subject of research. It aids you in writing comprehensively about your topic of interest. You can take help from different books, news, magazines, and journals and internet resources to get reliable information for the topic. You can get an online help from Assignments Planet to collect ideas and structure overviews.
Structure of the Dissertation
There is always a formal structure to follow for dissertation writing or you can seek guidance from your instructor. You can get an idea of the basic structure of the dissertation from the our experts too.
Title of Dissertation
Firstly, you have to choose a topic of your interest in which you can write ideas and clearly can perform research. You should write a title in the form of a statement. It might be a question that is asked in research. After writing the title statement, you should write a background of title or question in the summarized method to give a slight idea of a topic to the reader.
The summary of your topic can be written with precise manners to narrate all your research work and the heart of your dissertation. You should never write your research methods in detail here. You are supposed to write the aim, objectives and purposes of research work with probable findings of your research.
The introduction may be the last part of your dissertation but you have to write the introduction first. In the introduction, you write your topic overview by describing a little about the topic. Then you should describe your aims and goals of the research. Moreover, you should tell the reader how you perform all research work.
You should write your literature overview, methodology and research details in the main body. It may be written in 3 to 4 paragraphs or pages depending on you. Here you are ought to write your research procedures in detail. How you carried out entire research and how much time you took to find the data and information to write your dissertation. While writing the main body avoids going off the topic and does not add anything irrelevant to your research.
You must write your findings and results in concluding statements that should be concise and summarized to end your dissertation.
In referencing, you cite or quote the sources from where you take data or information for your research work.
You ought to convey the exact source of information to the reader so he can assess your findings at the same time to give you a high credit.
To avoid plagiarism or copy write issues you are supposed to give citations so that no other author or write can object your ideas when your dissertation is published by the university or checked by the tutor.
There is a variety of methods to give citations to your dissertation.
- Name of the author of work
- Topic of work
- The kind of source from where you take information (journal, book, webpage).
- Date of the issue of source
- Volume number or page number to facilitate the reader for checking the source
- Always try to use a systematic and organized referencing style for your dissertation. It will help you give references to accurate resources and will help your reader to get access to your sources in less time as well as in a sequence
- You can use any software if you have tons of information you taken from different resources. There are much software to help you in referencing your dissertation in a more ordered way
- Always go for an MLA format that is a typical format of referencing and dissertation writing. It would increase your grades and impression for the reader. However, avoid referencing from unknown resources and do not give wrong references it will cause trouble for you and tutor
For instant help, you can consider a Assignments Planet for dissertation writing and reference services.