College and school education normally carry some pressure, nervousness and stress. Anxiety and pressure are usually connected with academic exams. Being stressed and nervous in every exam or test can affect your academic performance. It causes blank outs, affect memory, feeling of discouragement and leads to distraction during exams. If you are one of those students who get nervous and stressed during exams, this blog will be helpful for you. Here are a few methods to keep your cool during exam time.
Preparing for the exams
- Plan properly: Students can improve their academic performance if they learn to stay calm during exams. Trying to cover the whole syllabus in one time before the exam is never a good idea. You will be stressed and under the pressure of covering all the work at once. It will be hard to retain information in this overwhelmed situation. In order to prevent this scenario, make a study plan at the start of the year and follow it seriously. By doing this, you will be relaxed and prepared during exams time.
- Find the study techniques that are suitable for you: Studying with concentration is vital for memorizing and learning information. Every individual has a different study style that permits them to work at their maximum capacity. Some students study best with visual representations like diagrams, charts, and mind maps, while others study by underlying and highlighting important concepts. Some students study for a long period, and others prefer to study with short breaks between study sessions. Some prefer to study in the evening and some in the morning. Choose a technique that is best for you to get an efficient result.
- Take care of yourself: Eating properly and taking a good amount of sleep is essential during exams. Exercising can also help in keeping your mind attentive and sharp. A healthy and rested body leads to a clear and stressless mind. Does not matter how busy you are; always take time to eat. Also, drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. Whenever you are studying, keep healthy snacks and a water bottle with you. To guarantee a profound sleep, go to bed early and turn off all electronics to avoid interruption. Also, listen to music or any relaxing activity to help your mind relax.
- Take help when you do not understand something: Studying for exams is hard; you have to cover the whole syllabus and study every little thing you discuss in the class. And sometimes, you come across a problem, method or concept that you do not understand. Some students stressed over it and gave up. But you can find help in many ways. Ask your subject teacher to give you extra time to teach that concept. Or ask your friend and join a study group to clear your confusion and doubts. The Internet can also be the best source of learning. Search your topic online, and you will surely get a relevant video tutorial on that subject. It is easier to memorize when you understand the concepts.
- Do not get distracted: It is key to success, but it is justifiable that it is easier said than done. It is common for the students to get distracted when they think about all the work they have to do. One suggestion is to not study for a long period or take a few minutes regularly break in between to rest your mind. Another solution is to change your study area, so you do not get used to the same study place. And when you start studying, make sure to be silent or turn off your phone, so you will not get distracted by every notification.
- Check out past papers: Past papers give you a clear format and idea of what you expect in exams. Do not assume the same questions will appear in your exams, but solving them prepares you for exams. It is not right to totally depend on past papers, but they can guide you in how your exams work.
- Prioritize the questions based on your understanding: After getting your exam paper, carefully read it once. And find out the questions that you need to handle first. Try to solve easy questions first to increase your confidence, then tackle the difficult questions.
- Think positively: Getting negative feelings is common when you are not doing well in exams, but it can lead you to more pressure and a stressful situation. Try to think of positive feelings instead of negative ones. Such as, do not think that you will never be able to solve all questions. Try to think that you will finish your exam if you solve questions one by one.
- Manage the time properly: Time management is the key to keeping your cool during exams. If you manage the time properly, your mind will be relaxed, and everything will be within your control. It does not mean to solve questions in a hurry; rather, keep enough time for the hard questions.
- Keep yourself calm: Keeping yourself calm is really important during exams. Shut your eyes and take a deep breath if you are feeling nervous. Motivate yourself and recall the positive thinking by telling yourself that you can do this
- Stay focused: Sometimes seeing other writings increase anxiety and nervousness. Do not think of what others are doing or what is happening around you. Stay focused on your exams.
Avail the best assignment writing service
Many students find it difficult to complete their assignments. If you are one of those students, you do not have to worry anymore. At Assignments Planet, we help those students who cannot write their assignments. We provide the best assignment writing service in the UK.
You have a busy schedule or preparing for your exams, whatever the reason is. We will provide every help to finish your assignments. Go through our website and place your order now.